Developing Followers of Christ in Ukraine

Developing Followers of Christ in Ukraine

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

June 1 update

God has been blessing our lives and expanding our ministries such that there has been little time to write these blog updates.  We are so proud of our son, Austin, who completed his second year of university studying mechanical engineering department.  Not only did he manage to receive good grades taking 19 credit hours, he also was involved in campus ministry.  This summer he traveled to Washington State to take a class on campus small group discipleship.  We are also proud of our daughter, Karyn, who completed her junior year of high school receiving awards for good grades, Christian character and leadership.  She is starting her own discipleship group.  We are also proud of our other daughter, Katilyn, who moved up to the third grade.  Next year Kim will transition from teaching fourth grade to working with international children in the school's English Language Learning Lab.  Your prayers and support are having a multiplying effect through the ministries of my family members.  What is keeping me so busy?  This past semester the Lord led me to develop a ministry that I have named Disciple Making Ministries.  I developed a 12 week seminar on the process and principles of multiplying disciples.  Over the past three months I taught this disciple making seminar to a group of college and career people in a local church.  About a third have already started their own small group ministries.  This past semester I started translating curriculum and resources into local languages.  I also started developing a presence on the internet at (www.DiscipleMakingMinistries.org).  This ministry is still in the process of development, translation and implementation.  Pray for God to help me further develop this ministry and to develop a team.  Also, I request your prayers for the following:  On Saturday, June 4, I will teach a "Principles of Leadership" seminar in a business environment as an outreach into the community.  On Sunday, June 5, I will participate in a church commissioning service for this current set of disciples.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, June 7-8, I will teach a Disciple Making Ministries seminar in another church.  On Saturday, June 11, I will host a picnic for my current disciples near my building.  Pray for God to use this as an outreach into the community where I live.  This summer I am also helping lead a coffee house ministry in a local church.   Thanks so much for your participation in what God is doing in this part of the world!


No comments: